Listen to the following on www.youtube.com:
1. Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 -1st movement by Johann Sebastian Bach
2. Concerto for Violin and Orchestra – 1st movement by Antonio Vivaldi
3. Renaissance music from Terpsichord by Caroubel
How are the compositions similar and then how are the compositions different -use your understanding of the elements of music to write up your analysis. You have already listened to these compositions before, therefore your analysis should indicate that you have advanced knowledge from a listening perspective.
1. Alleluia: Vidimus Stellam
2. Kyrie from Pope Marcellus Mass by Giovanni de la Palestrina
3. Hallelujah Chorus by George Frideric Handel
The question: How did choral music evolve melodically and harmonically from the Gregorian Chants of the Middle Ages to a choral style in the Baroque Period?