Watch the linked video and read the attached articles.
Covid-19: is working from home really the new normal? | The Economist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxDVucUZCnc
ARTICLE: Pandemics Are Also an Urban Planning Problem.pdf
ARTICLE: https://www.fastcompany.com/90163788/the-plague-inspired-da-vinci-to-design-a-city-we-should-steal-his-ideas (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-04-22/coronavirus-pandemics-architecture-urban-design (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE: https://www.businessinsider.com/big-cities-less-cars-pedestrians-covid-19-transportation-commute-2020-8 (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE & VIDEO: https://interactive.wttw.com/ten/streets/st-charles-avenue (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE: Covid-19 might not change cities (Uploaded in additional materials)
Your initial posting should address all the questions in the prompt in a minimum of 500 words.
In your post answer the following questions based on the supplied video and article.
1. How have pandemics changed the physical form and social composition of cities in the past? (up to 6 pts)
2. How have contemporary urban planners responded to the pandemic? (up to 6 pts)
3. Using the information you have gathered, what changes do you project for the future of cities following the current pandemic. (up to 8 pts)
4. Choose two cities not mentioned in the articles provided and compare those cities’ planning responses to the current pandemic.
5. Use reliable external articles, videos, and data to support your arguments and properly cite your sources in APA format (up to 4 pts).
Use of photos, maps, external links (e.g., news articles), etc. is encouraged.