Behaviorism (Chapters 9 & 10)
Think of a behavior that you would like to change. What benefits would come from this change? What are barriers to this change taking place? Which behavioral technique would be most useful to you, and why? How could you implement this technique? Is change feasible at this time? How does your faith help you to achieve these goals?
1. The behavior I would like to change- The fear of public speaking and social anxiety
2. What benefits would come to this- strong communication skills and social interactions
3. What barriers to this change- I have social anxiety and a fear of being judged.
4. What behavioral technique? (Look at powerpoint slides or resources to find the best technique) **Cognitive Behavioral Therapy**or **Dialectical Behavioral Therapy**
5. My faith in God will allow me to have confidence in myself and to not care about what people think
Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy
Chapter 9: Behaviorism
Chapter 10: CBT