Please read Chapters 14 & 15 and Review Power Points
Summarize one Case in each Chapter
1. Define a necessity and explain how it affects the contracts of a minor.
1a. How and when may a minor ratify a contract?
2. What is the difference between the legal capacity of a person under guardianship and a mentally incompetent person who is not under guardianship.
3. What is the rule governing an intoxicated persons capacity to enter into a contract? What do you think?
4. Identify and discuss three types of general contracts covered by the statute of frauds and the contracts covered by the
Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) statute of frauds provisions.
5. Explain the parol evidence rule and identify the situations to which the rule does not apply
All cases must be summarized in the format provided below. All portions of the assignments must be separated by number in paragraphs.
A. THE FACTS OF THE CASE
B THE ISSUE AT THE LAW THE COURT IS CONSIDERING
C. HOW THE LAW WAS APPLIED IN THIS CASE
D. CONCLUSION OF THE COURT