Watch the video below on the work of Robert Sapolsky who studies stress (this is a short version; if you want to see the entire video, you can find it here:. Begin your assignment.
Points of Discussion
Discuss the concept of stress in light of your family history and the lecture you read. Aim for one page for this section of your assignment. Here are some topics you can discuss. You are not required to discuss these but they may be useful to you:
- Do modern lifestyles create more stress for you than in the past? How so?
- How do you create stress in your own life?
- How could you change the nature of our society to make it less stressful?
- It could be said that some stress comes from leading “out-of-balance” lives. What can people do to “keep it simple”? Furthermore, in what ways can individuals control the stressors they will encounter beforehand?
- How could you change the way in which you interact with your school demands or your work demands to change the amount of stress that you feel?
- Discuss how you can improve your health and longevity in light of your findings on this assignment, your understanding of stress, and your knowledge of your family history. This should be your final page.You can go over or under a page for any of the sections of the assignment as long as your total assignment is 1,000 words not counting the references.