1. Draw a block diagram showing the major components of a computer and their relationships. Briefly describe the function of each component?
2. List five input devices and three output devices that might be attached to a personal computer. Describe a typical use for each?
3. Name and describe three special-purpose input devices people commonly use in public places, such as stores, banks, and libraries, that are not used in other places?
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of flash memory devices over hard disks as storage media?
5. Describe how touchscreen technology can make common input tasks more efficient
6. Some commonly used peripherals can be described as both input and output devices.
7. System software is the set of software programs that helps run the computer and coordinates instructions between application software and hardware devices. It consists of the operating system (OS) and utility programs. how does the mindset of the designer affect the design of the operating system (e.g., Windows vs Linux)?
8. Modern operating systems allow for multitasking- to perform more than one process at a time. Discuss two different problems that could occur when multitasking?
9.Why do many personal computer manufacturers include graphics-processing units (GPUs) in their machines?
10. What is the relationship between higher level languages and machine language?