This discussion forum focuses on analyzing Case Study 3.2 (Cultivating Character from Crooked Timber) from your textbook. In at least one paragraph, supported by evidence in your text and from other research, respond to at least three of the five bullet points below.
- Explain if you agree with Brooks that modern Western culture makes the self the center of the universe.
- Explain the value of viewing humans as crooked timber. What might be the dangers of this perspective?
- Describe if humility is the foundation for character development. Why or why not?
- Explain which provisions of the Humility Code you agree with and take issue with.
- Do you recall other prominent leaders who struggled to develop their character while wrestling with their weaknesses? How did they cope with their flaws, and what virtues did they develop?