Select (2) Core objectives to enable EHRs to support healthcare from Stage 1.
1. Use computerized provider order entry (CPOE).
2. Use drugdrug and drugallergy interaction checks.
3. Maintain an up-to-date list of diagnoses.
4. Create and transmit prescriptions electronically.
5. Maintain an active medication list.
6. Maintain an allergy list.
7. Record demographics.
8. Record vital signs.
9. Record smoking status for patients 13 years and older.
10. Use one clinical decision support rule.
11. Provide patients the ability to view online, and transmit information within 4 days after information is available to the provider.
12. Provide clinical summaries for each office visit.
13. Protect electronic health information.
Select (2) Menu objectives that provide flexibility for providers to choose from Stage 1 or Stage 2.
Stage 1Select 5 of the following menu objectives; at least 1 is a public health measure.
1. Implement drug formulary checks.
2. Use clinical lab test results in the EHR as structured data.
3. Create patient lists by condition for quality improvement, reduction of disparities, research, or outreach.
4. Send patient reminders for preventive and follow-up care.
5. Use certified EHR technology to provide patient education resources.
6. Perform medication reconciliation for patients received from another setting/provider.
7. Provide a summary of care for patients referred to another setting/provider.
8. Able to submit electronic immunization information.
9. Able to submit electronic syndromic surveillance data to public health agencies.
Stage 2Select 3 of the following menu objectives.
1. Submit electronic syndromic surveillance data to public health agencies.
2. Record patient notes electronically.
3. Have imaging results accessible in the EHR.
4. Record family history data.
5. Report cancer cases to public health cancer registry.
6. Report specific cases to a specialized registry.