**For my field experience assignment I am asked to interview a principle and assistant principal. I havent done the interview but can you pretend you did and in a 250-275 words summarize the pretend interviews and reflect upon professional practices related to legal and ethical discipline for students with disabilities. Discuss the similarities and differences of roles and responsibilities based on your feedback from the interviews. In addition, provide any additional insight the interviewees provided you might not have realized until now. Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
***Here are the interview questions you can use to help write the pretend summary ***
* In your role, what types of discipline issues have you found to be the most common with students with disabilities?
* In regards to IDEA, what is your responsibility regarding the discipline components for students identified as receiving special education services?
* How do you play a role with in-school suspension versus out-of-school suspension for students who receive special education services?
* How are you involved in the decision-making process regarding the discipline of students with disabilities?
* What types of data do you collect regarding behavior/discipline issues of students with disabilities? If you do not collect the data, do you review the data to assist with any discipline issues?
* How are special education services provided to students with disabilities who are suspended, if needed? Does your role have responsibilities in determining or providing these services or ensuring these services are met?
* What other additional insight can you offer in the areas of due process, discipline, and student/family rights related to your role and responsibilities?