Since the topic of the paper is the choice of each student, objectives will include number 8 but at least one and most likely more of the following:
1. Identify key filmmakers, films and advancements in the history of film.
2. Identify characteristics of different types of films and film genres.
3. Recognize proper definitions and use of technical and aesthetic film terms and production strategies.
4. Demonstrate critical understanding of the cultural role of film as a medium of communication and expression in society.
5. Analyze different creative elements that go into making a film.
6. Assess the effectiveness of the different creative elements in a specific film.
7. Recognize how modes of production and contexts of viewing effect the interpretation of a film.
8. Demonstrate understanding of proper academic format and use of film terminologies in writing about film.