Health Policy Briefs provide succinct overviews of health policy topics. The intended audience is policymakers, journalists, and others concerned about improving health care in the United States. The briefs explore arguments made on various sides of a policy proposal. They provide guidance on available research behind each perspective. Health policy briefs are created by experts in the field through funding from public and private grants.
Select one policy brief from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation website https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/collections/health-affairs-briefs.html
In your role as an advanced practice nurse, how would you advocate for or against the policy implementation?
In your paper you may take the position either for or against the policy proposal, or both.
Page length: 3-4 pages exclusive of cover page and references.
Support your paper with a minimum of three scholarly references.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing Assignment should
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition formatting and citation style.