Joanne, age 32, is involved with the first man that really counts in her life. As the couple has become more intimate, Joanne has started to have flashbacks about an uncle who touched her sexually when she was only eight years old. She is distressed to find out that she is shutting down feelings about her boyfriend and distancing herself from him. Although she has been sexual with other men, she says she cant stand to let herself be sexual with someone she lves and trusts. She startles easily and reports a general increase in anxiety. She is very angry that she has to deal with the feelings about the incidents with her uncle that happened so long ago. She says that she thought she had gotten beyond all that.
Jack graduated from high school and got a job working in a video store. After
working for about 6 months Jack began to hear voices that told him he was no
good. He also began to believe that his boss was planting small video cameras in
the returned tapes to catch him making mistakes. Jack became increasingly
agitated at work, particularly during busy times, and began “talking strangely” to
customers. For example one customer asked for a tape to be reserved and Jack
indicated that that tape may not be available because it had “surveillance photos
of him that were being reviewed by the CIA”. After about a year Jack quit his job
one night, yelling at his boss that he couldn’t take the constant abuse of being
watched by all the TV screens in the store and even in his own home.
You must create a diagnosis and treatment plan for your two selected case studies
3. Your diagnosis and treatment must be fact based and utilize scholarly sources. (You can add your opinion but please ensure that you have fact based sources to back that up.)
4. You must incorporate any perspectives or theories you have learned through out the semester. (Ex: discussing how parental attachment might be affecting your client). We have covered many topics through out the semester so be sure to include some of them!
5. Must 3 or more scholarly sources (this includes the book)
6. Must be written in APA format
7. Minimum page length is 3 pages (this does not include your cover page, refence pages and abstract page).
Acceptable Formats for Assignments for writing assignments:
1. Work should be typed in .doc or .docx only
2. Typed and double spaced using 12 pt Times New Roman Font
3. Black type (no colors) on white background,
4. Standard 1″ borders (top, bottom, right, left).
5. First page with name, date, etc identifying information is not considered in page count.
6. Citations should be in full APA format.