Students will submit a research paper comparing and contrasting 2 or more theories of crime and developing an integrated crime theory with components of both existing perspectives. This paper should be no less than 12 typed pages.
Include the following elements:
- comparing and contrasting 2 or more theories of crime
- Develop an integrated crime theory with components of both perspectives/theories used.
- 12 typed pages, double spaced, using Times Roman or Courier and 12 point font.
- The paper should consist of an introduction, literature review, critical assessment of at least two existing theories (with headings), an integrated theory section.
- APA format.
- 10 or more references should be adequate. Follow the latest APA guidelines for the reference list and citing in the paper.
- Include Title, Abstract, and Bibliography pages. These are not included in the page count.
For example, one might explore the integration of the General Theory of Self Control and Social Learning Theory, highlighting the importance of parental involvement and training during childhood in the development of self-control. Use at least 8 sources and follow APA format for this paper.