This essay should have:
1. An executive summary ( approximately 50 words ) where you state the purpose of the paper, highlight the major points of the report, and describe any results, conclusions, or recommendations from the report.
2. A tables of contents.
3. A main body where you have to answer ten questions that will be provided *. The answers should not be more than 200 words for each question. Every question should have an introduction and a conclusion. The aim should be to portray a clear understanding of the questions and the material taught. Answers are to be supported by examples and relevant sources.
3. A references part where you list the full list of references you used.
– Use Rimes New Roman 12
– Spacing: 1.5
– Pages should be numbered
1) Using an existing industry example in tourism or hospitality, apply and discuss one dimension from Hofstede’s Cultural Dimension.
2) Why, as managers, should we understand the work-life balances in different cultures?
3) Should reward systems within one tourism/hospitality company be the same across the globe or tailored to each country? Discuss your reasonings.
4) Explain why family factors are so important when considering relocating to a different country for work?
5) Select a hospitality/tourism company. Explain how the company advertises its products/services to two different countries.
6) Why, as managers, is it important to understand the concept of low context and high context societies?
7) Using an example, explain how non-verbal communication may pose as a barrier to communication.
8) Why are ethics an important factor in cross-cultural negotiations?
9) Discuss how you would respond to someone telling an obvious lie (commonly seen as a lie in your culture), however you know that the intention is not to hurt your feelings, and explain why you would respond this way.
10) Describe how you would implement all the understanding and knowledge gained this semester in this module when going to work in a diverse cultural workplace.