Pick one question only!
1. Critically evaluate the role that trade liberalisation has played in Chinas economic growth in the last decades and whether it can be emulated by other developing countries today.
2. How has the production and appropriation of economic value been transformed by the globalisation of production since the 1970s? Critically discuss with reference to the governance and organisational dynamics of a global value chain within a sector of your choice.
3. How can an expanded conception of extractivism be employed to critically explore contemporary relationships between extractivism and development?
4. In what ways can everyday consumption patterns [of a product/service of your choice] contribute to reinvigorating [or unsettling] dominant socio-economic relations?
5. What stands in the way of meaningfully addressing the global climate crisis?
6. Critically assess why and how substantial differences in contemporary capitalisms persist despite common economic pressures.
7. What is financialisation and how has it impacted growth and income distribution in [advanced economies/developing countries/a country of your choice]?
8. 8.1 What caused the global economic and financial crisis that began in 2007-8? Have these causes been overcome?
8.2 What are the main causes of the Euro crisis? Have these causes been overcome?
9. Why has inequality risen in the past decades?
10. What are the prospects of social movements changing the neoliberal trajectories of economic development?