Informative Speech Evaluation: Less Stuff Ted Talk
Watch the above Ted Talk (5 minutes) and evaluate this informative speech on ‘Stuff’.
*Your evaluation needs to be at least 150 words and written in complete sentences, using the following categories as a guideline. You should need to discuss each of these points in order to receive full credit!
1. Introduction- was it attention-getting? Why or why not?
2. Speech Organization – How did he organize his speech? Was it easy to follow? Why
3. Audience – how was his speech organized for the audience in front of him. Was it effective?
4. Overall Speech Delivery- was it effective?
5. Presentation Aids- What types of presentation aids did he use? Think about the visuals and mention/describe at least 3 specific visuals and tell whether they were effective and why.
6. Conclusion – In what ways was it memorable and provided a summary as well as closure?
6. What would you change or what criticism would you offer?