Instructions for the Draft Argumentative Essay
1. Length no fewer than 4 and no more than 7 pages. The ideal length is 4 or 5 pages.
2. Be sure that you read or at least look at some of the samples at – https://www.mesacc.edu/~paoih30491/ArgumentSampleEssays.html
3. Use MLA, APA, or Chicago style.
4. Be sure that you cite all evidence. IF a statement cannot be cited it is not good evidence.
5. Do not use Wikipedia, ask.com, or other questionable sources as your citations.
6. The essay must have a clear introduction and a clear conclusion. The quality of these two paragraphs will determine much of your grade.
The draft is worth 10 points as follows:
1 Point (4 maximum) for each body paragraph.
3 Points for the introduction paragraph.
3 Points for the conclusion paragraph.