For this Essay, you will visit an art museum of your choice. You may visit one in person or take a virtual tour via the Internet. Below is a list of museums that offer virtual tours that you may want to review for this assignment. Please note that you are not limited to this list:
· National Gallery of Art
· The National Gallery
You may select a virtual tour from this list above. Please include the name and location of your museum in your introductory paragraph.
For this essay, write about two artworks from the periods: Renaissance, Baroque, Impressionist, or Post-Impressionist periods.
For each piece, address the following:
· Include the title, artist, date, medium, and scale.
· Describe the artwork.
· Describe the artist’s role in his or her society/community.
· What do you think is the artist’s message?
· What are the cultural significances of this piece?
· What historical elements are included in this piece?
Formatting: Your essay will be at least five pages in length and include the following:
· Title page (1 page)
· Written Essay (2 pages)
· Image(s) (1 page)
· References (1 page)
· Use Times New Roman 12- point font.
· Double space all lines, and indent the first line of each paragraph.
· Your title page should be correctly formatted with a Running Head and page number listed in the Header area.
· Include your title, name, and school centered on the title page.
· Your written essay should contain at least three paragraphs (including an introductory and conclusion).
· Your last page will have the word References centered at the top.
All sources used, including the museum, must be cited in APA Style and included on the reference page.