Imagine that you are a new counselor at the colleges student center, you will provide an assessment and a treatment plan for someone presenting with an electronic addiction. You will prepare a 8-10 page paper about a new client you are seeing that include answers to the following questions and topics.
1. What is the presenting electronic addiction problem? Provide a brief statement regarding why this student has come in today. What motivated this client to get help?
2. What is the electronic addiction? Describe any short and/or long term risks of this addiction. Relate this information specifically to this clients situation.
3. What is/was the progression of use of this addiction? (Social issues?)
4. What changed to cause your client to suddenly seek treatment?
5. Assessment. (Identify a valid and reliable tool that you believe can be effective to assess this clients situation; explain why you feel this tool would be appropriate for your client.)
6. What is this clients biological/medical background?
7. Are there any psychological issues?
8. What is this clients social background?
9. What are some of this clients strengths and challenges in relationship to this addiction?
10. What intervention will you suggest to help with this clients electronic addiction?
11. Create an evidence-based treatment plan which would include:
Goals, Objectives, Action Plan, Intervention, Rationale/justification for your treatment plan, Challenges, and how to deal with them.
12. Reference list (Do not include Wikipedia as a scholarly/reliable resource). You should include at least 5 scholarly references.