Exploring Interests to Identify Research Problems
The most important task in preparing to write a research paper (including a dissertation) is identifying a current problem that is of interest to you. Conducting research can be a daunting task. However, conducting research on a topic or area that is of interest to the researcher can be motivating and make the research process easier.
In this assignment, you will conduct research to identify a current problem in an area of interest to you within the field of OB. Remember, the focus should be on individual themes in OB: Why do people do what they do? How do we enhance individual performance to achieve organizational goals?
- Summarize your review of at least five peer-reviewed journal articles to find a current problem in your topic or area of interest (within individual OB).
- Assess the problem or gap you have found in your review of the literature.
- Analyze why addressing the problem might aid the field of study both practically (actual organizational setting) and academically (filling gaps in the literature and advancing the field).
- Propose how you might conduct further research to resolve the problem or fill the gap.
- What is the paradigm or perspective undergirding your research design?
- Who would you ask to gather research data?
- How would you ask to gather research data?
- What are some of the things you would ask?
Note: Your proposed research design and method are not expected to be dissertation ready in this assignment. However, you should be able to propose a coherent, supported, general framework for the proposed research.
- Complete your analysis in a 5- to 6-page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.
- Name your document SU_MGT7100_W2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.