For this research writing assignment, you are to select one of the 45 topics listed below. Once you select your topic you must report on that subject in as much detail as possible. (HAS MODERN TECHNOLOGY MADE THE SOCIETY BETTER??)
Writing your Sociology Essay
1. Formulate a strong thesis. If you fail to write a good thesis statement, the rest of your college essay is likely to be vague. Your thesis must be debatable and tightly focused so that it can be clearly supported by the evidence you gather for your sociology academic paper.
2. Make a detailed outline for the rest of your sociology essay paper. Make sure that each part of your sociology essay supports the thesis you have formulated. Indicate the topic for each paragraph or section. Include references to your sources.
3. Write your essay introduction and conclusion. Your introductory paragraph should be concise and focused. To make it more interesting, use a specific example in your introduction.
4. Write your body paragraphs. Use relevant data to support the main points in each one. Make sure you include clear transitions between the paragraphs in your academic essay.
5. Cite the sources for your sociology paper using MLA format
The paper should be in word format, 4 full pages in length, double-spaced (no extra spaces between paragraphs), with 12-point Times New Roman font, 1 margins, and proper citations ( with a works cited section); the title and works cited pages do not count towards the page limit. Please make use of at least 4 scholarly sources. Spelling and grammar are a part of these assignments, as incorrect usage can inhibit your ability to communicate your ideas. Make use of the rubric as this gives specific guidance about the factors that go into grading the paper. We are using the MLA format for writing and research. This research writing assignment is worth 100 points towards your final grade.