Security Breach at Target
In this assignment, you will read the article, . Then you will write a 34-page case analysis in which you:
- Outline the security breach at Target.
- Describe how Target became aware of the security breach.
- Examine the security breachs impact on Targets customers.
- Recommend security controls that could have been implemented to prevent the data breach from occurring.
- Research how the data breach at Target affected Targets and other companies security practices.
- Go to to locate and integrate into the assignment at least three quality, peer-reviewed academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Include your textbook as one of your resources.
- Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for your paper to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Examine responsibilities related to the handling of data as it pertains to legal, ethical and/or agency auditing issues, and how the type of dispute affects the evidence used to resolve it.