1. Define the seven principles of patient- clinician communication these are Mutual respect,
A supportive environment,
Appropriate decision partners,
The right information,
Transparency and full disclosure,
2. Explain how you apply three of the seven principles to your interactions with your own patients (I work in children hospital).
3. Describe the three methods being used to improve interdisciplinary 4 communication
5. Choose the one that you think applies best to your own area of practice, or the one that your area of practice currently uses, and clearly describe how you use it.
4. Explain the ethical principles that can be applied to issues in patient-clinician communication
5. Explain the importance of ethics in communication and how patient safety is influenced by good or bad team communication
Please use this article and ANA website. Gluyas, H. (2015). Effective communication and teamwork promotes patient safety. Nursing Standard 29 (49), 50-57. Retrieved from http://journals.rcni.com/doi/pdfplus/10.7748/ns.29.49.50.e10042
Make sure you also include a clear, separate introduction and conclusion as a part of this assignment.
Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.