~ Use this link and the document uploaded for you: https://iris.peabody.vanderbilt.edu/module/sca/
~ Run through all the steps of the module and read all of the article that is uploaded
~ Write 2 paragraphs responding to these questions and provide at least 4 facts from both module and article
~ Response Questions include:
What resonated with you from the readings / modules etc.?
What comments /connections did you make?
What is one thing that you want to incorporate into your instructional practices?
~ Run through all the steps of the module
~ Answer these questions and write each answer with its corresponding number:
1. What are the two critical elements to keep in mind when using instructional scaffolding?
2. Briefly describe the three approaches to instructional scaffolding presented in this module.
3. List at least two reasons why modeling error detection and correction is important.
4. Imagine you are a fourth-grade teacher and one of your students, who has a learning disability, is experiencing difficulty with long division:
a. Which of the approaches discussed in this module would you use to scaffold instruction for this student?
b. Why did you choose this approach?
c. Give a detailed description of how you would use this approach to scaffold instruction for this student.
~ Read the article Lesson Planning With Engagement in Mind: Proactive Classroom Management Strategies for Curriculum Instruction
~ Write a 2 paragraph response answering these questions and INCLUDE 4 facts from both items within your response:
* What resonated with you from the readings / modules etc.?
* What comments /connections did you make?
* What is one thing that you want to incorporate into your instructional practices?
~ Also use the picture of the summary of Chapter 4: Managing Behavior from the book Vaughn, S. & Bos, C. S. (2012). Strategies for teaching students with learning and behavior problems (9th ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.