Read the case studie, 6.3 Lost in Translation page 90, and answer the questions.
1. How might this dilemma be viewed through the lens of justice? Are there laws, policies, guidelines, or issues of fairness that the teacher might consider?
2. How might this dilemma be viewed through the lens of critique? Consider the student, the Latina teacher, and the father.
3. Taking into account school/family relations, has the family been treated in a caring manner?
4. What would the education profession expect of the teachers and the principal? How could an understanding of the Latino culture serve to meet the students best interests?
5. What would you have done in this situation if you were the Spanish- speaking teacher?