KION Group is a global material handling Equipment Company based in Germany. Forklift trucks and warehouse automation equipment are the company’s main products. KION Group needs to prepare for the prevailing computer incidents of today and tomorrow. An organization can assist in developing a computer incident response team (CIRT) plan for a number of computer-based safety incidents.
This assignment will discuss a CIRT plan, which is often used as a contingency plan for the KION Group. A system administrator noticed yesterday that several of the file servers at HQ were responding very slowly. The KION Group headquarters (HQ) handles all incidents so that the plan will have its roots at HQ.
Like the latest IBM Threat Intelligence Index, read a recent article to gather information on current threats and remember to leverage the BCP and DRP you generated for the organization last week.
Write a 56 page paper in which you:
- Describe the purpose and primary elements of a CIRT plan.
- Discuss the relationship between a CIRT plan and risk management.
- Discuss the five Ws (who, what, where, when, and why) found in a CIRT plan in regard to the incident given in the above scenario.
- Explain how KION Group can leverage its BCP and DRP to develop and support its CIRT plan.
- Explain how you think threats will evolve to impact KION Group in the future and how the CIRT plan should be updated to combat them.
- Discuss at least five best practices to follow when creating a CIRT plan.
- Use at least two quality resources in this assignment.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a contingency plan for the sample organizations to include: business continuity, disaster recovery, and incident response.